Sunday 13 April 2014

My representation of open educational resources

[Activity 3]

As the title suggests, I've stuck more with the concept of "resources" than with open access to education as such... although I do believe strongly that there needs to be some way for an employer to be able to validate what people have learnt. Less of an issue for ongoing education for current employees, where existing capabilities are known and new knowledge can be demonstrated; more of an issue for those looking to hire or searching for a job.

One of my own "pet hates" is trainers who blame the tools... I've heard it said so many times that PowerPoint is "not interactive" that I've created my representation as an interactive PowerPoint presentation. Assuming all works as it should, those viewing it have to navigate through it themselves.

As I got this far before realising I couldn't insert the presentation in my blog post, I've put it on my website. It will be there for the foreseeable future, but I can't guarantee it will be there forever. It is a PowerPoint show - Open Educational Resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment